PDA

View Full Version : Wininit.ini

mazza
2010-09-02, 22:24
Hi,
Just joined this forum trying to clear a problem in my daughters laptop. Until today she didn't have Spybot (silly girl). Loaded it, ran it, found in excess of 300 problems including 21 trojans. Clicked the button to fix it and it comes back as c:/windows/wininit.ini not found, therefore unable to fix them.

Strangely enough while it was working, very slowly, it had Virtumonde on the bottom on the line where it shows the number of items being checked, which I hadn't seen before.

Some advice please to sort it, please say its going to be easy to fix, I am no good in this area at all. KISS if possible.

Thanks

tashi
2010-09-02, 23:09
Hello mazza,

Strangely enough while it was working, very slowly, it had Virtumonde on the bottom on the line where it shows the number of items being checked, which I hadn't seen before.
Spybot-S&D checks for Virtumonde during the running of a Spybot scan. :)

Some advice please to sort it, please say its going to be easy to fix, I am no good in this area at all. KISS if possible.

Please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic, copy paste the DDS log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.

mazza
2010-09-03, 11:20
Thanks, and will do. May be a while until I can get hold of her machine, but will comply.