PDA

View Full Version : Unable to open Program after using SpyBot?

mteear
2006-07-20, 10:50
After using Spybot and removing 68 various infections I am unable to open Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver starts to open then stops and disapears. I have attempted Recovery but without success.
I have removed the program and reloaded but with no success?

Any Ideas Please?

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-20, 20:52
mteear:

I personally am not familiar with Dreamweaver so I doubt if I can help. However, I think that you may stand a better chance of someone being able to help you if you provided some addition information. For example: The systems OS.
A list of the actual problems that you fixed with Spybot would probably be helpful (Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log).
The items recovered using Recovery.
Any other things that you did using Spybot:
Immunized.
Activated the HOSTS file feature.
If you installed TeaTimer and if so any messages concerning Dreamweaver that you may have answered.
Etc.
Any relevant events from the system Event Viewer.
Etc.
Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log:
A log of the items that were processed when you do a "Fix selected problems" can be found in the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file.

Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

Two methods to copy that information:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from just before you had the problem with Dreamweaver. Open it. To copy to the Clipboard > right click and select "Select All" > right click and select "Copy".
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > right click and select "Select All") > right click and select "Copy".
Event Viewer:

Click Start and Control Panel.
If you are running Windows XP and the Control Panel is in category view, click Performance and Maintenance.
Click on Administrative Tools.
Double-click on the Event Viewer.
Click on "Application" in the left-hand column.
Are there any events recorded related to Dreamweaver (Source column)?
If so, double-clicking on the Event will open the Event Properties.
Information in the Description box can be copied by highlighting the information and pressing Ctrl+C to copy this text to the clipboard.

noel-pr7
2006-07-21, 18:13
After using Spybot and removing 68 various infections I am unable to open Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver starts to open then stops and disapears. I have attempted Recovery but without success.
I have removed the program and reloaded but with no success?

Any Ideas Please?

What version of the Dreamweaver software are you using, mteear?

Note to md usa spybot fan: Dreamweaver is made by Adobe/Macromedia.

mteear, you may also want to check the Adobe support site on how to resolve your Dreamweaver problems:
http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/

noel-pr7
2006-07-21, 18:15
ok, try the solutions from this Adobe support page:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=fb181c10

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-21, 18:25
Note to md usa spybot fan: Dreamweaver is made by Adobe/Macromedia.
I know what Dreamweaver is. It is just that I have never used it so I don't think I could help with the problem because as far as I can determine the only Spybot detection that would affect it is a usage track detection:
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX