PDA

View Full Version : Not keeping more than one anti-infectors.

venus_n
2010-09-29, 07:03
We cannot keep more than one anti-virus.
But can we more than one anti-malware?
more than one anti-spyware?
more than one anti-adware?
more than one anti-trojans?
more than one anti-hijackers?
more than one anti-keyloggers?

The restriction is on which of the anti-infectors. Also for the ones i missed out.

spybotsandra
2010-09-29, 12:29
Hello,

Most programs do more than only one thing. ;)
Spybot - Search & Destroy is designed to remove spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers.

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

venus_n
2010-09-29, 19:42
You mean only anti-virus we cannot keep more than one.
Others we can keep more than one. Is it.

tashi
2010-09-29, 20:32
Hello venus_n,

As you are aware and just clarifying, rule of thumb is one firewall/one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Usually one can have a few anti spyware/malware type programs installed without issue.

But can we more than one anti-malware?
more than one anti-spyware?
more than one anti-adware?
more than one anti-trojans?
more than one anti-hijackers?
more than one anti-keyloggers?

The restriction is on which of the anti-infectors. Also for the ones i missed out.
How many are you considering installing, on top of what you already have?

Best regards.

venus_n
2010-09-29, 20:50
Just analysing if i can have more than one of all of these, then i can install spybot S&D, because spybot S&D is for all of these. And my antivirus could be having these.

tashi
2010-09-29, 20:59
Hello venus_n,

Just analysing if i can have more than one of all of these, then i can install spybot S&D, because spybot S&D is for all of these. And my antivirus could be having these.

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Consider your computer resources and how many programs you want loading at system start up.

Best regards.