PDA

View Full Version : proxy

sysinfo
2006-07-21, 11:01
Can tell you tell me where informations about proxy are stocked ?
I have to deployed Spybot in silent mode on some PC

Sysinfo

spybotsandra
2006-07-21, 11:18
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destory in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Settings".
Scrolling down you will find the subsection "Web update". Here you will find a checkbox "Use the proxy to connect to update server".

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sysinfo
2006-07-21, 14:18
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destory in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Settings".
Scrolling down you will find the subsection "Web update". Here you will find a checkbox "Use the proxy to connect to update server".

Team Spybot

Hello,

My problem is my proxy use login & password and I do'nt know how give proxy parameters in silent mode install. I think if I know where these parameters are stocked (for example in registry) , I will can copy the key to all PCs.

Sorry for my bad english
Regards
Sysinfo

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-21, 15:29
The indicator whether or not to use proxy settings is stored in the Spybot's Configuration.ini file. The Configuration.ini file is located in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
The UseProxy indicator is in the following section of the Configuration.ini file:
[Automation\WebUpdate]
The indicator statement is:
UseProxy=n. Were the values of n are:
0 for do not use proxy
1 for use proxy
The proxy information itself is stored in the system registry in the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD]
The actual information entered into the Proxy settings pop-up is stored (encrypted) in the following value:

"ProxyAddress"="<--- encrypted information --->"