PDA

View Full Version : Can't remove detected malware

falkirk
2010-10-10, 00:41
I have been using Spyhunter regularly and keep removing the same malware, mostly trackers, cookies, etc. Recently it stopped displaying malware problems, pronouncing my computer clean. However, then I couldn't access Google, or gmail, or do any google searches. My disability was limited to google. Now, while trying to register with Spybot, I couldn't on my PC because no image verification would display. So I am on my netbook, which doesn't have Spybot on it . . . all the problems are on my PC.

I have run Spybot S&D on my PC and the same malware shows up but am unable to get rid of:

FraudCleanUpAntivirus

Win32.Delf.uv

Anybody else have a problem like this?

I suspect it might be because I kept clearing out ad trackers, etc. and then maybe google banned me because they couldn't track my use. Is that likely?

Any help appreciated. I am functional because of the netbook, but it's irritating that I can't use my PC for gmail, etc.

Thanks.

tashi
2010-10-10, 03:15
Hello falkirk,

Please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.

falkirk
2010-10-11, 12:03
Thank you for replying. I have read the Before you Post entry. It is daunting to someone of my abilities.

Did you read the part of my message that informs you that the PC that I am having problems with will not let me register withy Spybot or participate in the forum? The image verification section does not display an image to copy.

I am on my netbook now in order to communicate with you. I am afraid if I copy and paste anything from my PC to the netbook I will have infectiopns on both of them.

Please advise next steps.

falkirk
2010-10-11, 13:29
I just realized that if I put this thread in my bookmarks section, I can bring it up on my PC. Will try now to do the "Before you Post" procedures.

falkirk
2010-10-11, 13:33
Tashi,

ERUNT instructions apply to all Microsoft OS's but doesn't list Windows 7. Will it work on it, too?

tashi
2010-10-12, 01:05
Hello falkirk,

I just realized that if I put this thread in my bookmarks section, I can bring it up on my PC.

You will need to start a new topic as helpers look for ones with a zero response. Members can keep track of their threads and choose how to be notified about updates. Subscriptions (http://forums.spybot.info/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_subscriptions)

ERUNT instructions apply to all Microsoft OS's but doesn't list Windows 7. Will it work on it, too?
I am not aware of any incompatibility with ERUNT on Windows 7. :)

If the infection prevents you from posting from the infected machine and providing a log please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and provide a link back to this thread. :)

Best regards.