PDA

View Full Version : Ad Blocker for IE7/8 - Any suggestions?

lather
2010-10-10, 02:41
Can anyone suggest a decent (and preferably free) ad blocker that works for IE 7 & 8? I already use Adblock Plus on Firefox, and am happy with it, but I'd like to find one that works for IE. Although I use Firefox as my main browser, there are times I've found IE better for certain sites and want to protect that as well - Especially as it seems like I've picked up a virus infection from a hacked flash-based ad on a forum I visited using IE.

So does anyone know of a good ad blocker I can use?

onexlw2
2010-10-16, 18:28
Bonjour,

le lien fonctionne, ça installe, mais la tout de suite, je ne retrouve pas mon cercle wot:

http://www.mywot.com/fr/download/ie

cordialement

onexlw2
2010-10-16, 18:31
Hello there is an url usefull for you:

http://www.mywot.com/fr/download/ie

unhappylli, I lost my WOT circle, where is it? the program is on the pannel..?

Best regards

onexlw2
2010-10-16, 18:38
there you are!

lather
2010-10-17, 16:37
Thanks for the link, although I'm not entirely sure it's what I was looking for.

I've already got stuff like AVG that warns me about potentially dangerous sites in search results. What I'm really looking for is some sort of browser add-on for IE 7 & 8 that works in a similar way to Adblock Plus in Firefox, blocking adverts embedded into pages. I need this because I use IE for some websites and Firefox for others, and both of the virus infections I've had over the past couple of years seem to have come from infected adverts on websites I visit very regularly - Both times when I've visited them using IE, not Firefox.

So what I'm really looking for is some sort of simple BHO that doesn't require me to install a new toolbar, and will just sit there quietly in the background while IE is running, blocking as many adverts as possible - especially the animated GIFs and flash-based ones.

(And, as my computers aren't of the very latest spec, I'm hoping that being able to block the ads will help to speed page loading times too....)

So does anyone know of some add-on for IE that will do that kind of thing for me?