PDA

View Full Version : Spybot fails to complete the 'fix' & firefox immunizations keep becoming unprotected

PuterUser
2010-10-13, 13:52
I’m a newbie on the forum as I’ve had so few problems over the years with Spybot. After doing a recent update, I keep immunizing but after attempting to run a scan and fix, where all cookies usage tracks are checked to be removed, and where there’s about 9 cookies in red, when checking all and then clicking on ‘fix’, it looks like most all of the check boxes get the green checkmark (at least the top ones visible in the list), but then instead of spybot completing with the normal progress bar at the bottom completing and then showing the list with all green checkmarks and then the window list clearing out and nothing showing, spybot flashes and closes without removing any of the items needing to be fixed, usage tracks and cookies etc.

Also, when I go back to the immunize section, the same group of passive protected firefox items (Cookies, images, installation and popups) under one user that is used most of the time, are again listed as unprotected. I can run the immunize and all the items under those groups will move over to protected, but after I do a scan and then try to fix, all items will be back over under unprotected as well as sometimes after just doing an immunize and then closing spybot, I go back later and the same items will be all unprotected again.

When I first noticed this after if I remember had done a version update, was doing a spybot scan and noticed that ALL items under all browsers/categories were unprotected even though they were previously listed as being protected when doing earlier scans and immunizations, and it took many tries and then trying in safe mode to get the items to move over to be protected, but the group of firefox items keep moving back over to unprotected.

This is on an xp machine with latest firefox and spybot version. I can’t get the items that come up needing to be fixed, cookes (about 9 of them are red) or the usage tracks to remove. When this first surfaced recently when I usually run anti-virus and spybot scans on all machines that happen to all be on the same home network, another machine with vista was able to remove all items needing to be fixed etc, but had the same immunization problem showing up. After running spybot in safe mode, the problems seemed to go away and all cookies and usage tracks were cleared.

The immunization problem also showed up on another xp machine on our same home network, but problems seemed to go away after a couple immunization tries so I’m wondering if it has to do with the latest version of Spybot or updates, or if there’s some sort of virus that got into all machines. This current xp machine with continued problems has norton’s 10.0 and definitions are updated. Nortons found a few Trojans in email attachments a month or so ago, but nothing that could not be quarantined or deleted.

Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated as I really need to keep that stuff cleaned out of the computer.

Thanks!

Gopher John
2010-10-13, 14:39
Read Immunize every restart :( (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=385066&postcount=2)