PDA

View Full Version : Unable to delete registry keys

mensural
2006-07-22, 03:07
After deinstalling Adobe Photoshop CS2 I ran the Window registry scan in Norton Systemworks and 129 problems were discovered. Just about all were related to Photoshop in the CLASS_ROOT section. When trying to delete the keys, I received the message 'Unable to delete all specified values' and 'Cannot delete key..Access denied'. I don't know if this is mal-ware or not. I have run Spybot, Adaware and Microsoft adware tools and they find nothing.
How can I delete these keys?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.:(

tashi
2006-07-25, 16:02
Hello, please see our 'sticky' topic:
BEFORE you post and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Run the scans first.

Copy paste the HJT log here into this thread along with the results of the on-line anti-virus scan, and a helper will advise you as soon as available to do so.

mensural
2006-07-26, 05:19
Ok. I've downloaded the HJT program but haven't run it yet. I also tried using the Panda online virus dector but it requires Internet Explorer. I use Firefox. So, I will need to find an online virus scan that will work with Firefox.
Thanks for the suggestions and requirements. Until I can get all my ducks in a row please do not spend any more time or resources on my post.
Thanks.

tashi
2006-07-31, 09:12
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a pm and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter. :)