PDA

View Full Version : Tracking cookies I cant get rid of,,,,,,

Michael T
2010-10-22, 06:59
OK, so this I cant understand:
I have 2 PC'c,
#1) Desktop with XP PRO SP3, up to date,
#2) Laptop with Win7, up to date.
BOTH set up with the same Browsers, mail, bookmarks etc.

On BOTH PC's: Installed Spybot, Updated, Immunized, Check For Problems, Fix Selected Problems.

So this is the wonky part,,,
#1) Desktop XP: Once a week I update/immunize/check for problems,,,,,NO PROBLEMS.
#2) Laptop W7: Once a week I update/immunize/check for problems,,,,,And the same 14 tracking cookies reappear even after I Fix Selected Problems.

These are the 14 Tracking Cookies I can't get rid of:
AdBright / AdRevolver / Adviva / BlueStreak / BurstMedia / CasaleMedia / CoreMetrics / DoubleClick / FastClick / MediaPlex / Right Media / Tradedoubler / Web Trends Live / Zedo

IE: I only use as a spam account and for a password recovery.
FF: Is my main browser, this is the list of extensions,,,
Google or qrobe.it
WOT:
Adblock Plus with EasyList/EasyPrivacy/Fanboy's List/Fanboy's Adult.Dating List/Malware Domains
BetterPrivacy
Beef Taco
VTzilla
TinEye Reverse Image Search

So one of these 3 is not doing its job, Better Privacy / Beef Taco / Spybot.
Can anyone help me as where I have gone wrong in setting things up, and what BLOATWARE can I get rid of?

Michael

Michael T
2010-10-22, 11:02
Avast 5.0.677
Spybot S&D
Online Armor
MBAM

I use VTzilla / MBAM, for On Demand Scanners, and AVAST, if I'm in real paranoid mode.

Michael T
2010-10-23, 05:58
Still showing up even elevated as ADMINISTRATOR

Gopher John
2010-10-23, 17:01
Are the 14 cookies in Firefox? Beef Taco may be the issue. According to Beef Taco (Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/180650/), it sets
Sets permanent opt-out cookies to stop behavioral advertising by 102 different advertising networks, including Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, all members of the Network Advertising Initiative, and many other companies. Are those 14 cookies among the 102 in that extension's list?

FWIW, I use Cookie Monster extension with Firefox and only accept those cookies I want to keep (like to this forum and others, etc.) and are useful to me. I'm not having to constantly delete cookies at all, by any means.