PDA

View Full Version : Error during check

palmbeachpop
2010-10-24, 00:52
Apologies - I"m sure this is covered somewhere, but I can't find it. I get dozens - perhaps hundreds of errors of this form:

Error during check!
Virtumonde.dll [334 - $DE21A60E] [Failed to get data for "]

Is there anything I can do about them? Do I need to do anything about them?

TIA,

spybotsandra
2010-10-25, 12:19
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you have installed?
Do you have downloaded that latest updates?
Which oprating system do you have?
Do you have any other security software installed?
Do you have admin rights?
Did you close your browser and all other programs during the scan with Spybot?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

3catsatssafernetworking
2010-12-02, 10:51
Hello Sandra,

I have almost the exact problems as reported by palmbeachpop, and seeing as he hasn't replied I thought I would.
I get error during check for more than a thousand plus items. I can send a screenshot if you want but would take pages and pages. Have included three examples but in eight seconds of checking it gave me 8 pages worth of errors. then I stopped scanning because it was clearly not working.
Error during check!: AdDestination [3 - $4623E24D] (Failed to get data for '') (Status)
Error during check!: Ask.MyGlobalSearch [1 - $B47ABFF2] (Failed to get data for '') (Status)
Error during check!: Ask.MyGlobalSearch [2 - $EA8D9CCB] (Failed to get data for '') (Status)
In relation to the questions you asked Palmbeachpop, here are my answers;
1. Which version of Spybot do you have installed?
-version 1.6.2.0 system setting protector 1.6.6.32

2. Do you have downloaded that latest updates?
-Yes - set for auto update (both system and spybot)
3. Which operating system do you have?
-Windows 7 64 pro
4. Do you have any other security software installed?
-Nortons Internet Security 2011
5. Do you have admin rights?
-Yes

6. Did you close your browser and all other programs during the scan with Spybot?
-Yes. Except Nortons, gmail notifier, PC Probe 2, Nero Media Home, and video card software (ATI). These have always run in the background when using Spybot with no problems... have used spybot for many years, since XP (see ongoing donations I have made.)
I have also just noticed that teatimer had been removed from system start up and I had to manually reinstate. Don't know if this helps but my system has been having tiny, inconsequential inconsistencies, such as icons disappearing, even my windows games (freecell etc, disappeared completely. Network links dropping out and then resurfacing, and a few other problems that resolve themselves on restart... this maybe win 7 glitches or a bug, or a trojan, but Norton isn't finding anything. Oh, downloaded YAAI (yet another AVI) to help with audio/video sync, didn't help so went to uninstall but is not in list in programmes and features or findable on programme search... odd? This was why I ran spybot this time, to see if YAAI was infected.
Hope you can help, :thanks:
Veronica.

spybotsandra
2010-12-02, 13:09
Hello Veronica,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership" (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html)?

If that does not help you could have a damaged advcheck.dll.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html).
Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe).

Make sure that you also delete this folders and all files in it:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot