PDA

View Full Version : "Antivirus Studio 2010"?

prowler
2010-10-24, 04:36
First let me ask...how would I search for the exact phrase "Antivirus Studio 2010" in this forum? I tried the usual stuff and still came up with every post with any one of the words...a lot of posts!

OK, that being said...I searched for ways to remove this Rogue from my Wife's Windows 7 computer. The first answer was to use Malwarebytes which I'm 1 hour and 1/2 into. It's scanned the Registry with nothing found and gone passed all the "usual suspects" without a peep. This bothers me because the lengthy "manual removal" instructions all list Registry entries as part of the removal process?

Another site listed a "Antivirus Studio 2010 removal tool" for download...yeah...I'd need to hear from people I trust before I downloaded another bit of malware in an attempt to remove the first one :laugh:

Will an updated SS&D find and remove this? If not does anyone have a suggestion?

Vic

tashi
2010-10-24, 05:04
Hello prowler,

If you would like someone to take a look at the system please see this FAQ "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log.

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.

prowler
2010-10-24, 05:39
Malwarebytes found and said it had removed the offending files/registry entries...and on reboot it came right back :confused:.

System Restore did the trick and as the last Windows Automatic Update, and Restore Point, was 3 hours before the "infection", nothing was lost.

Now...Does any "immunizing" software like SpywareBlaster, block future infections of this little bug?

I ask here because this isn't an "official" request to Safer Networking...just a general request to the forum members about any possible programs which will block this thing. It's been around for a while, judging by some of the Google posts, so I'm surprised Mr. Gates hasn't protected those using Automatic Updates...:laugh::laugh::laugh:.

I will ask "officially" if SS&D has included it in the SS&D imunization, at the appropriate forum.

Thanks for your help!

Vic