PDA

View Full Version : Spybot removed Win32.Muollo, but major problems remain

jardiel
2010-10-28, 01:49
Hello,

I read the "before you post" post, but unfortunately whatever is wrong with my laptop has prevented me from opening either Windows explorer or Firefox so I am currently using my desktop to try to find out what the issue is. I am not able to use the Add/remove programs functionality in the control panel, and I get errors in an Adobe pop up window box when I try to run programs. I also am not able to run my antivirus program which is Sophos.

I was able to run Spybot only in Safemode, and this is when it detected the win32.muollo. I selected for it to clean it up. Since then, I have used my desktop computer to download GMER and Hijackthis to try to run a log. GMER kept freezing up, and a short log of Hijackthis was successful. However, when I tried to click on the "analyze" button in Hijackthis to get more details on the initial scan, everything froze up.

Is this malware, or something else? I was going to run the DDS diagnostic tool, but your instructions said that I shouldn't use a USB to transfer anything between the infected computer and a non-infected one.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Much appreciated.

Jen

Jack&Jill
2010-11-06, 18:13
Hello jardiel,

Sorry for the delay.

If you still need help, post a reply and we will get started. Otherwise, this topic will be closed after 3 days.

Jack&Jill
2010-11-11, 01:36
Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. How to post a DDS log. (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1150&postcount=2)

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm) to me or a MOD. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.