PDA

View Full Version : Is my laptop still infected?

ryan2032
2010-11-18, 14:17
Hi,

This is my current situation. I ran Spybot last and the results found a win32.spyeye trojan and a virtumonde.prx trojan. Spybot deleted the win32 trojan but wouldn't allow me to fix the virtumonde.prx trojan.
This morning i ran both AVG and Spybot. AVG found 4 infections and Spybot only found the virtumonde trojan again, but this time i could fix it, AVG also fixed all its infections. I have ran AVG and Spybot again since then and AVG comes up with no threats but warnings and deletes them where as the Spybot comes up with the virtumonde trojan again.

AVG infections deleted:

Trojan horse Generic 19.CMDK
Trojan horse PSW.Generic 8.AFRE
Trojan horse Generic 19.CNIG
Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_c.BRX

I have just ran Spybot again though and it only found something called double click - tracking cookie, no sign of the virumonde trojan.

I have kept running Spybot and AVG and they both find no threats apart from AVG has warnings about cookies. One thing that concerns me though is when i run Spybot it mentioned virtumonde.dll, .sdn and . sci at the bottom.

The laptop seems to be running fine but it was before i found these trojans.

Would anyone be able to tell me if my laptop is still infected and if so how i can clean up my laptop?

Many Thanks

JonTom
2010-11-18, 15:29
Hello ryan

Is this your thread at PCPitStop: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/192075-virtumondeprx-trojan-help-please/page__pid__1704627#entry1704627

ryan2032
2010-11-18, 16:28
Yeah, hi again

JonTom
2010-11-18, 16:37
Hi :)

While it is always tempting to do so, please refrain from requesting help at more than one forum for the same problem as you may end up wasting a helpers time, and the forums are busy enough as it is.

I am helping you over at PCPitStop and will post to you as soon as I can.

I will close this thread out now.

Best wishes
JonTom