PDA

View Full Version : Spybot won't kill coolwwwsearch redirect

edg165
2010-11-23, 21:14
I havn't had any malware problems for a long time and recently one annoying one popped up that i've found through searching is called coolwwwsearch and spybot finds it everytime but trys to remove it unsuccessfully each time.

I'd love if someone could help me out , I have hijackthis and can post a log if needed but any help would be awesome to get rid of this annoying pest.
(this is my first time posting on the forums so sorry if it's in the wrong topic or anything)

tashi
2010-11-23, 21:59
Hello edg165,

Please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Also, from the FAQ please note,

When Spybot-S&D is installed

If Spybot-S&D has detected items it cannot remove and you have the latest version and detections, please produce a short log showing only the items flagged.

Open SpyBot.
Check for problems.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Paste (Ctrl+V) those results into your new topic, along with your DDS.txt log.

Then start a new topic and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.