PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer: bad image

Euclid
2010-11-24, 20:40
Hi all,

I'm using Spybot S&D for a long time and never had any trouble. But recently strange things happend, in particular with TeaTimer. The icon does no longer show up on the hotbar (lower right corner) and hence I cannot access it. But this is only a minor issue, more important:

Repeatedly applications stop running (CTD or freeze) due to a TeaTimer error: bad image.

Now I have a rather tight security on my PC. Besides the router's firewall I have Winpatrol, Spybot S&D and Avira running. I keep them updated and have Spybot and Avira run regularly. Moreover, I'm running a registry cleaner and HijackThis from time to time.

However, this TeaTimer error is quite persistent and annoying. Happens mostly during graphics applications (games, plot programs etc.).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Euclid

Specs:
Mobo: Asus M2N-E
chipset: nForce 570 SLI
cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ @2400 MHz
gfx: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
DirectX: version 9.0c (May 2010)
ram: 4 x 1024 DDR2 SDRAM

spybotsandra
2010-11-25, 12:04
Hello,

That problem seems to be related to your NVIDIA graphic card.
Please open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'.
Now deactivate the nwiz.exe.
Does this solve the problem?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Euclid
2010-11-26, 02:06
Sandra,

Thank you for the feedback. I did as you have suggested and now the same freeze/CTD happens just with a different error message:

TeaTimer.exe - Application Error
The excpeption unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the application at location 0x7c812afb

Maybe I should reinstall TeaTimer? Not sure how, though, because I cannot access it via the hotbar.

Cheers Euclid