PDA

View Full Version : System Tool Virus

SystemToolWoes83
2010-11-26, 18:44
I just recently got System Tool virus. It is, I think, a version of scareware that basically locks you out of everything. I have tried several tutorials to try to fix it.

Things I have tried:
1) I have tried to download new anti-virus programs and I can't open them
2) I have tried to download new anti-virus programs on a cd and open them on the PC and can't do that either
3) I have tried using the "F8" method and that does not work to allow me to switch to booting up in "safe mode"
4) I have tried using the "F2" method to switch the order of booting specifications (so I could boot a cd with anti-virus programs) before the actual hard drive takes over, that doesn't work
5) I have tried to bring in anti-virus programs via a thumb drive and that doesn't work
6) I have tried the Run>>>msconfig to manually change the boot settings to "safe mode" and that doesn't work

Basically, everything I do, gets a "such and such is infected and cannot open" type message in the bottom toolbar icon of the System Tool, which is the image of a dial padlock.

I have a hunch that this is the 2011 version, because SO many of the tutorials I've found simply do not work. It's like the creator of this nasty virus read all of these ways to troubleshoot and updated his/her virus to take it to the next level, lol, total system lockout.

Does ANYONE have ANY ideas about how to rid a PC of this nasty virus? I have Window XP. I would very much appreciate any input. Thanks again!

BC

I have now tried running ERUNT and DDS to no success. When I try DDS the black screen pops up for a split second then is gone. I have also totally unplugged my main drive and tried running the XP OS disc on my backup drive. All I see is a blinking "_" and I've tried tapping F2 to switch the boot order and nothing happens, just the same blinking screen.

Blade81
2010-12-01, 06:53
Hi,

Download OTL (http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe) to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:
netsvcs
drivers32
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Blade81
2010-12-08, 09:53
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.