PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot crashes to blue screen before scan finishes

RockySnow
2010-11-27, 03:17
Three times during the past 2 weeks, SpyBot (Vers. 1.6.2) stops abruptly 75% through a complete scan of my computer, then a lightening quick error pop-up window flashes (too fast to read and write down), then a BLUE SCREEN with a solid page of white writing on it, and then.......computer power clicks off!!
POOF!

Then, the computer gradually boots back up to my desktop as if everything is normal. In short, there is no residue signs of the scan that had just been taking place.

I use a Toshiba Laptop (Tecra A7) with Windows XP Pro. I have run a McAfee scan, but that program never finds any problems.

And here's the weird part...the next 2 or 3 times I use Spybot, it scans the whole computer with no problems or interupts...as it says "No problems found." But...a few days later, the crash happens again. Usually SPyBot finds something wrong after a couple of weeks of heavy internet use, so I suspect some malicious code somewhere is preventing SPyBot from working properly. Any help from anyone out there would be appreciated! Thanks.

RockySnow
2010-11-27, 12:47
I tried to edit my original post but could not get to editing mode.
So, I have to start this separate thread.
I have watched closely, and apparently when SPyBot gets 75% through scanning my computer, it flashes the file name STUXNET, and then goes to blue screen and crashes.

I checked on the net and STUXNET appears to be a worm that affects government computers. I work for myself and rarely go unto government web sites or links.

Any hope of SpyBot developing a remedy for STUXNET? I use Windows XP PRO, with recent updates to SP3. McAfee says all is 100% okay with my computer - but that's Mcfee for you!