PDA

View Full Version : Help? PUPs, Malware/Virus/Trojan Removal w/o Internet

celsius001
2010-12-02, 14:22
My desktop computer is experiencing major problems. Back in May 2010 at some point my computer started experiencing some issues, which later resulted into more problems... listed below.

1. It takes a long time to start/boot, usually about 20-30 before even login screen to sign onto windows. Once I sign in, it takes an additional 15min to boot everything up to the desktop.
2. I cannot get any internet connection; hardwire or wireless.
3. My CD drive no longer opens when the button is pushed; It does make the attempt however quickly retracts.
4. When inserting a flash drive or external hard drive; nothing is recconized. Both drive fuction completely on other machines and have previously work on this machine before.
5. I cannot drag and drop any files of any type at all, even on the desktop.
6. At certain points when trying to explore the c: drive the computer freezes up.

I ran SpyBot like normal, even in safe mode and it found 6 PUPS from MyWay.MyWebSearch - However since I cannot get on the internet and I'm unable to load from a external drive I cannot run an updated version of SpyBot. So I went out and purchased a new laptop, however I have very important information that is needed and have no way of getting to it. Any advice or suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

shelf life
2010-12-13, 22:53
hi celsius001,

Sorry for the delay. If you still need help simply post back.

tashi
2010-12-20, 05:52
This thread has been closed due to inactivity.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include a DDS log with a link to your previous thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.