PDA

View Full Version : Nearly impossible to explain...

norwood
2010-12-02, 16:56
This morning, while attempting to move some files around my Windows 7 64bit laptop began telling me that I didn't have permission to do so, as I needed permission from the "TrustedInstaller". I googled this issue and resolved it by configuring permissions.

Feeling a little suspicious I decided to run Malwarebytes. As I attempted to install it, when asked what language I wanted - the program defaults to "Bosanski". Being that I work in IT and have cleaned hundreds of machines I installed it anyway and was able to blindly walk my way through it and run a scan. It came back clean.

I then went to "Region and Language" in the Control Panel and once I got in there, all the values started scrolling around madly until it settled on "Afrikaans (South Africa).

I then went to download Speccy, as to give you a screenshot of my system specs and the installer did the same thing. It chose the "Portuguese" language. I then tried to download some other programs and they all did the same thing.

Another bug that is happening is that when I attempt to move any files, Windows will not allow me to scroll down...it locks onto "My Documents" and then if I scroll down and choose a different directory...it immediately scrolls back up to My Documents.

I'm at my wits end with this, as googling as brought me nothing. One thread from this site (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=368012) came close to what I was describing but it had no resolution. And most of the things from his log appear identical to mine. I've sent him a PM to see if he came to a resolution but haven't yet received a response.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I wonder if it had anything to do with the "TrustedInstaller" problem earlier, yet I applied fixes according to MS kb articles.

tashi
2010-12-03, 18:00
norwood is receiving assistance: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/53913-nearly-impossible-describe-but-ill-try.html

This topic is closed. :)