PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 error in user32.dll

SlimySlayer
2006-07-25, 01:48
1.4 Does not work under windows 95 (1.3 did)

My dependency viewer says the problem with the SpybotSD.exe is in the user32.dll the EndMenu() fucntion does not exist or doesnt and in TEATIMER.EXE the function MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() does not exist or doesnt work. This of course prevents spybot from running. as I said, 1.3 didnt have this problem. none of the other exe's or dll's appear to have this problem. This is a great program and I hope it can be fixed.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-25, 01:50
Also

aports.dll wont work, no such dll = NTDLL.DLL. But as I cant get spybot to load, i dont know if this is a problem or not

spybotsandra
2006-07-25, 09:49
Hello,

I'm afraid there's no compability with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 and Windows 95 at the moment.
We are trying to fix this. You can work with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 until the fix is ready.
Here is the link for the direct download:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22262,00.asp
or http://www.oldapps.com/spybot.htm
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.3.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

noel-pr7
2006-07-26, 04:03
1.4 Does not work under windows 95 (1.3 did)

My dependency viewer says the problem with the SpybotSD.exe is in the user32.dll the EndMenu() fucntion does not exist or doesnt and in TEATIMER.EXE the function MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() does not exist or doesnt work. This of course prevents spybot from running. as I said, 1.3 didnt have this problem. none of the other exe's or dll's appear to have this problem. This is a great program and I hope it can be fixed.

Win95's user32.dll file is missing the "MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx()" function which is featured in Win98/NT4 and higher Windows versions of the user32.dll file.

BTW - what version of Win95 are you using, SlimySlayer? Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties.

noel-pr7
2006-07-26, 04:05
EndMenu() function also does not exist in Win95's user32.dll file.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-26, 20:37
WIndows 95 C. Its one newer than B lol. I'm not at that computer so I can't tell ya.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-26, 20:39
Nevermind, I forgot I got a computer at work that I used my 95 disk to isntall Windows on. This is its version, I think I can assume its the same.

4.00.950 C

And, I have winsock 2+ and Common Controls Version 6, 5, Etc.

noel-pr7
2006-07-27, 00:15
Nevermind, I forgot I got a computer at work that I used my 95 disk to isntall Windows on. This is its version, I think I can assume its the same.

4.00.950 C

And, I have winsock 2+ and Common Controls Version 6, 5, Etc.

Versions 4.00.950 B and C are OEM Service Release 2 [OSR2] editions of Windows 95.
If you type VER at the MS-DOS prompt in Windows 95 C it will say:

Windows 95 [Version 4.00.1111]

The original retail version of Windows 95 is 4.00.950 and installing Service Pack 1 will make it 4.00.950 A. Typing VER at the DOS prompt in the original and SP1 versions of Win95 will say:

Windows 95 [Version 4.00.950]

I know this since I had used different versions of Win95 for a long time on my old computer.

Also be sure to install the Windows 95 Year 2000 Update to make Win95 C fully compatible in the 21st century.

You can get Spybot S&D version 1.3 here:
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=spybot

just to let you know, there will be NO updates that will add the EndMenu() and MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() functions under Win95.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-28, 02:15
just to let you know, there will be NO updates that will add the EndMenu() and MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() functions under Win95.[/QUOTE]

Just have to make it not use those functions, otherwise it will never work on windows 95 and it will always complain about "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

If thats the case, then a download link to 1.3 should be made readily available.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-28, 02:27
Oh, and i have looked into the Y2K update, it just fixes some date displays, thats all. and to top it off, MS's site, although claims to have the download, clicking download returns a 404 page. I tried another site on MS for it, and it wants me to verify windows, needless to say, that didn't work lol.

Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm. Maybe ill go DOS and replace user32.dll with the one in XP (That should cause some good effects lol)

noel-pr7
2006-07-28, 03:31
Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm. Maybe ill go DOS and replace user32.dll with the one in XP (That should cause some good effects lol)

NO DONT DO THAT! Do NOT replace the user32.dll file from XP onto a Win95 computer or you will mess things up and make things worse.

you may want to upgrade to Win98 if possible

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-28, 05:25
SlimySlayer:

Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm.
Try downloaading the spybotsd13.exe installation program from here:
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=spybot

SlimySlayer
2006-07-28, 18:45
I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working. As for replacing user32.dll, that was fun lol. It worked, computer booted, but it complain of a lot of missing exports and devices attached to the system not functioning.

winodws 98, are you crazy? that OS is so buggy clicking the view menu on a folder will cause an explorer error. And I mean the SE version lol. I have windows 98, it lasted a total of 1 week before I went back to windows 95.

noel-pr7
2006-07-29, 00:13
winodws 98, are you crazy? that OS is so buggy clicking the view menu on a folder will cause an explorer error. And I mean the SE version lol. I have windows 98, it lasted a total of 1 week before I went back to windows 95.

Win98 SE buggy? yeah right!

I installed a CLEAN installation of Win98 SE (2nd edition version 4.10.2222) on my old computer and it ran just FINE. it was even more stable than Win95.

noel-pr7
2006-07-29, 00:18
I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working. As for replacing user32.dll, that was fun lol. It worked, computer booted, but it complain of a lot of missing exports and devices attached to the system not functioning.

mu-hahahaha! that's what you get for replacing Win95 system files with XP versions. you screwed things up didnt ya? shame on you, SlimySlayer.

hopefully you have put back the old win95 user32.dll file to make Win95 work properly again.

the next version of spybot being developed should work again with win95 without needing the "EndMenu()" function. :D:

noel-pr7
2006-07-29, 00:19
Win98 SE buggy? yeah right!

I installed a CLEAN installation of Win98 SE (2nd edition version 4.10.2222) on my old computer and it ran just FINE. it was even more stable than Win95.

almost forgot to say, AND I get to use Spybot 1.4 under Win98se (woo-hoo!) :bigthumb:

SlimySlayer
2006-07-29, 03:17
I should add that version 1.3 under windows 95 doesnt auto update. It doesn't find the servers and it always says there are no newer updates. you have to do the manual update every time (thank goodness there is a way to manually update)

noel-pr7
2006-07-29, 21:19
I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working.

I just installed spybot 1.3 under another PC with Win95 osr2.5 (version 4.00.1111 C) and the uninstaller works. for some reason, the uninstaller on your Win95 PC is missing some uninstall files.

noel-pr7
2006-07-29, 21:27

SlimySlayer,

I had been using Win98 SE for more than FIVE straight years now on an old computer of mine and it has rarely crashed! In fact, Win98se works on old and new PCs. And no I am NOT crazy.

and since I've gotten reactions from some other Win98se users online who have Win98se pre-installed on their computers, they're not too happy of you saying that Win98se is buggy. It's been proven otherwise.

perhaps you say that because your slow computer is not capable of handling Win98se. at least my computer can handle it well.

I am in the process of beta testing the newer spybot release and it does work under win95.

SlimySlayer
2006-07-29, 21:29
I just installed spybot 1.3 under another PC with Win95 osr2.5 (version 4.00.1111 C) and the uninstaller works. for some reason, the uninstaller on your Win95 PC is missing some uninstall files.

you didnt reproduce the problem correctly.

install 1.3
Install 1.4 to same location
Delete 1.4
Install 1.3

(at this point SBS&D shouldnt work)
delete 1.3
delete SPS&D folder (many files left behind)
install 1.3
Works now

SlimySlayer
2006-07-29, 21:36
SlimySlayer,

I had been using Win98 SE for more than FIVE straight years now on an old computer of mine and it has rarely crashed! In fact, Win98se works on old and new PCs. And no I am NOT crazy.

and since I've gotten reactions from some other Win98se users online who have Win98se pre-installed on their computers, they're not too happy of you saying that Win98se is buggy. It's been proven otherwise.

perhaps you say that because your slow computer is not capable of handling Win98se. at least my computer can handle it well.

I am in the process of beta testing the newer spybot release and it does work under win95.

2.66 ghz, 512 meg ram, 120 gig HD, fresh isntall of windows 98

While it gives message
Prepareing to load windows 98 for the first time

REGISTRY ERROR!

that was the first time i had even used 98. I had it reinstalled again with a friends disk. it got in. I couldnt install any drivers for gamepads, sticks, etc. if i did, computer would stop booting. So i formatted again and grabbed a copy off the internet. it worked fine, it let me install drivers for the first month, but anything new, i couldnt isntall the drivers that came witht he pad, card, etc. I had to use the windows supplied ones, anything else would stop it from booting. I used it for a long while, with random registry errors found at boot up. It still worked, but it was the biggest POS i had ever seen. eventually the system crashed entirely and I got XP put on it, not a problem since (except hoards of malware which took time to get used to).

So forgive me if im a bit biased about windows 98. My highscool used 98 aswell. It was posted all over the room, to save after every change u make, and it was true. Once I pressed the letter 'T' in a word document and i got a blue screen of death. If you got that, u were just suposed to call the teacher and he'd reghost the computer.

As of yet I havent had one good experience with windows 98. So again, frogive me if im a bit harsh.

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-29, 22:45
SlimySlayer:

It appears that noel-pr7 (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=3517) may be so caught up in the Windows 95 vs. Windows 98 debate that he/she failed to mention that there may be an alternative to Spybot – S&D 1.3 on a Windows 95. A quote from noel-pr7 (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=3517) in this thread:
I never get any results any more, no way..
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2681

I have confirmed that the updated spybotsd.exe file from the sbsd141pefix.zip package does work under win95 as I have tested it on an old win95 PC of mine, md usa spybot fan.