PDA

View Full Version : Computer completely Hijacked - Unable to download/post any logs

roseelyse
2010-12-14, 16:34
Is there any way of getting help?

I'm writing from an uninfected computer. Whatever has my laptop is bad - it's hijacked both explorer (which I do not use) and Firefox (had no idea that was possible). On startup, I get fake "System Software" and "Security" alert saying my computer is infected, do I want to run anti-virus software. I know it's fake because of all of the spelling and grammatical errors in the messages.

I am unable to download the ERUNT or DDS programs to post a log as when I try to go to the ERUNT website (on Firefox) I get an "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page" error.

I ran Norton Anti-Virus in safe-mode and it found Trojan.Gen.2 and quarantined it. It also found something called "Trojan" and quarantined it. I ran spybot in safe mode and it found and fixed a win.32 something or other.

Is there anything I can do, maybe in safe mode, to fix this? Or are you unable to help because of the nature of the problem ans my inability to post any logs?

Thank you.

shelf life
2010-12-21, 03:19
hi roseelyse,

If you still need any help post back.