PDA

View Full Version : unknown issues with pc

jkmurphy
2010-12-19, 08:26
this computer belongs to a friend. mid-october, I completely reformatted this machine, installing new hard-drive, avg, spybot, firefox, and teamviewer after a fresh format.

It has since had mcafee loaded onto it (by her spouse i do believe) and both avg and spybot are no longer functioning.

I can not uninstall any programs (some that have been added since the initial reformatting). I cannot use any shortcuts, taskbar, or start menu options to open either web browser. I was only successful in opening IE through locating the exe file (and was suprised when it opened).

I am wanting to uninstall mcafee and some other misc. programs that have found their way onto the computer. I am not sure what is causing the issues with the uninstall, but everytime it is attempted, windows says it has already been uninstalled or that i do not have permission.

I attempted to reinstall avg and spybot. both downloaded fine. both ask for permission to launch. neither launches after permission is granted.

when running dds, cmd prompt pops up for a fraction of a second, then closes back down, so I am unable to provide logs at this time.

Also, for more information as to why she brought the computer back, it was throwing the BSOD shortly after logging in. I overcame this by disconnecting the wireless adapter as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Machine runs fine in safe mode as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blade81
2010-12-27, 07:28
Hi,

Please save this (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootrepeal/Win32kDiag.exe) file to your desktop. Double-click on it to run a scan. When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

Blade81
2011-01-02, 10:41
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.