PDA

View Full Version : computer does not shut down

havetriedeverything
2010-12-21, 19:19
Thanks in advance for any help.
My PC does not shut down even after removing power. I cannot get to the BIOS as it does not recognise the F2, DEL (IBM Thincentre PC). It would restart windows without showing the Windows XP splash screen. I have a bootable virus remover from McAfee but it is not recognised.. or the Windows XP original disc.

I tried to SAFEBOOT via MSCONFIG now all I get is black screen (no messages or spalsh screen after powering up.

Thanks for your reply

The symptoms are:
The computer runs at 100% CPU
stange application PrjServer
explorer redirects to bigseekpro.com
Explorer redirects to strange sites and does not allow access to virus removal sites
I eventually downloaded Spybot S&D via Firefox in safemode... ran scan fixed many. Re ran scan found more. Spybot wanted to rebbot allowed .. rescan found more.. etc
Eventually Ithought SAFEBOOT would allow me to run Spybot and clean up..
Now No system..

ken545
2010-12-27, 11:03
:snwelcome:

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen. It is advisable that you back up your important data before starting any clean up procedure. Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

Until we deem your system clean I am going to ask you not to install or uninstall any software or hardware except for the programs we may run.

Sorry for the delay but we get a bit overwhelmed most times.

Have you tried starting with last known good configuration ?

To Access Last Known Good

Go to Start> Shut off your Computer> Restart
Or if the computer is off press the power button
As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly,
this will bring up a menu.
Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to scroll up to Last Known Good
Then press the Enter Key on your Keyboard

Tutorial if you need it How to boot into Safemode (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html)

ken545
2011-01-01, 11:40
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.