PDA

View Full Version : vundo.a4

acko64
2010-12-26, 20:47
helo ive tried a lot of antispyware and antivirus programs but the one that cleaned up most of my infections was stopzilla but one infection remains i cant get rid of its vundo.a4 i notice that the forum for vundo infections all point to combofix but i dont want to go down that route as im a begginer a t computers, is there a way that i can fix this virus with a simple method, thanks acko64

tashi
2010-12-26, 20:50
Hello acko64,

Did Spybot-S&D detect the issue? Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and date of last definitions. :)

i notice that the forum for vundo infections all point to combofix but i dont want to go down that route as im a begginer a t computers,
ComboFix is not a general purpose cleaning tool. It should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained and continues their education in its use. :euro:

Best regards.

acko64
2010-12-27, 21:11
hi again i downloaded and run spybot, it picked up about 25 trackin cookies but i still have vundo.a4 on my computer, the version of spybot is 1.6.2.46, can you still help me with this nasty infection, thanks acko64

tashi
2010-12-27, 22:37
Hello acko64,

Please answer all questions as best you can so I know whether to direct you to our malware removal forum. :)

hi again i downloaded and run spybot, it picked up about 25 trackin cookies but i still have vundo.a4 on my computer, the version of spybot is 1.6.2.46, can you still help me with this nasty infection, thanks acko64

Did Spybot-S&D detect the issue?
If Spybot-S&D picked up tracking cookies, which program detected vundo?

and date of last definitions.
When Spybot-S&D was last updated. ;)

Also what is your operating system please.

Best regards.

acko64
2010-12-28, 14:00
hi stopzilla detected vundo.a4, and my operating system is windows7 ultimate,
the latest update for spybot is 22/12/2010, thanks ack64

tashi
2010-12-28, 17:00
Hello acko64,

If you would like someone to take a look at the system you can start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

In your new topic please let helpers know how the computer is running and that,
stopzilla detected vundo.a4,

Best regards.

acko64
2010-12-28, 20:48
hi i just found out that my copy of windows 7 is not genuine, i just tryed to download microsoft security essentels and was told it was a fake, anyway i shall be buying a new windows 7 home premium next week in the computer shop up by me. i didnt want to waste your time with my windows being fake, this means ill be scubbin my drive clean with a new genuine windows 7 disk, so hopefully il see the last of that vundo.a4 infection , will a clean install mean the end of that infection , regards acko64

tashi
2010-12-28, 21:11
Hi acko64,

hi i just found out that my copy of windows 7 is not genuine, i just tryed to download microsoft security essentels and was told it was a fake, anyway i shall be buying a new windows 7 home premium next week in the computer shop up by me. i didnt want to waste your time with my windows being fake, this means ill be scubbin my drive clean with a new genuine windows 7 disk, so hopefully il see the last of that vundo.a4 infection
Thank you for letting us know. :)

will a clean install mean the end of that infection ,
Yes.

It is also possible that the vundo.a4 detection by stopzilla could be a false positive. Stuff happens. ;)

Once you have installed a licensed copy of Windows remember to keep it updated! It is your first defense against malware infections.

Best regards.