PDA

View Full Version : Does S&D find "Memory Spy"

jdjuggler
2010-12-31, 05:27
There is a company called MemorySpy.c*m and their product is built to record all traces of internet activity on a computer. It is said to be well hidden and undetectable.
I was wondering if Spybot would detect this software or other like it?
Thanks,
JD

tashi
2010-12-31, 05:38
Hello jdjuggler,

Spybot-S&D searches for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers.

However MemorySpy is a pay for program, has someone with physical access to the computer installed it?

Best regards.

jdjuggler
2010-12-31, 05:50
It took me some time but, I figured out that an young "hacker" type used my computer while I was away without my permission. I have a secondary account on my machine with no password. Dumb, I know.
But, I'm just concerned that something like this program could have been put on my computer.

Thanks for your help...

tashi
2010-12-31, 06:18
Hi jdjuggler,

I have a secondary account on my machine with no password.

What is the operating system, is your administrator account password protected and the guest account set up as a limited user?

Best regards. :)

jdjuggler
2011-01-01, 08:05
I just tested the other account and i was able to install an application. So, I'm guessing it's not limited???
But, I'm guessing by your questions, you're not sure if it will detect this type of "hidden" software is detectable by spybot?
Thanks,
JD