PDA

View Full Version : Undesirable cookies

Russell C
2011-01-09, 12:10
A few days ago I hit the wrong button in Firefox 3.6. This button deleted all the Exceptions folder. No"are you sure?" Just down the gurgler.
I have posted on the Mozillazine forum, and one of the mods says they recall that Spybot either does, or used to have such a list that could be loaded into a browser,
The absence of these exceptions is a bit of a backward step in my opinion.
It was all the tacky ones, or spyware, why they saw fit to remove it I don't know.
If Safer Networking can live up to that name and point me in that direction, I would be eternally grateful. :crowned:

Gopher John
2011-01-09, 17:33
You probably cleared the Site Preferences in Firefox, which includes SpyBot Search & Destroy immunizations as well as any exceptions which you may have added yourself (such as which cookies to accept, etc.).

See Immunization Settings for Firefox Lost Every Time Browser Opened (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=49881) and make sure that Firefox is set up as outlined before you next immunize with SpyBot S&D or Firefox will remove the immunizations again. The site preferences you added yourself are gone and must be restored by you.

Russell C
2011-01-10, 11:59
Well I never thought I would talk to a gopher, but what a helpful one! I will bookmark that link ASAP.
There is a twist in this tale. When I set up the old version of Firefox, I looked to see if it had the Exceptions. Completely empty!
Later, after some browsing, and an immunisation, I checked again, and they were all there.
It doesn't make sense to me, but I got to where I wanted to be, and script from one of the Mozillazine mods has removed the "Remove All" button.
I am confused,:confused: but happy. :D: