PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer does not start. Malware infection suspected.

sbadrinarayanan
2011-01-09, 17:00
Hi,
My PC is a home use PC only.
I browse the internet very much reading about anything and everything.

Couple of days now , internet explorer does not start at all.
Running Malwarebytes anti malware removed 2 detections.
Running Avira Antivir removed 1 infection.

My PC keeps running chkdsk at each startup even though i let it to run fully to its end. Lot of files are being reported as corrupted.

Installation of SPYBot does not work at all. System Mechanic trial version install does not work at all.

double clicking a mp3 file does not run in Windows media Player.However open with works. Dragging and Dropping MP3 files does not work.

MY PC is outrageously slow i think.

I am new to this forum in need of desperate help. Please assist.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Badri

sbadrinarayanan
2011-01-10, 06:21
Hanging here in need of help.

Thanks,
Badri

tashi
2011-01-10, 08:01
Hello sbadrinarayanan,

So that everyone is on the same track please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions for posting a preliminary DDS log in post #2.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic, copy paste the DDS log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

If DDS won't run please start a new topic anyway as helpers look for ones with a zero response and there are now three posts in this thread. ;)

Best regards.