PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Wont Run Issues

18Jack12
2011-01-17, 16:44
Hi, i am new to the forum, so first and foremost ill introduce myself, Hi i am Jack!

you'll have to excuse the fact i'm not really that computer literate, though i can usually manage.

Right now to business, i have been experiencing problems with my laptop for a short time now, and have only just found the time to try to do something about it.

I have had spybot for quite some time now, but only just realised that i cant execute it via the short cuts.

I have read through a few other threads on here, and as so far have found that i can go into program files, and click on an alternate (.scr) file.. this will then execute spybot.. and i can run, and scan normally.

How to i get the short cuts to work again, do i direct the short-cut to this alternate file ?

Also, when i go into my program files, and then into the file for spybot - search & destroy, i get a dialogue popping up for the installation of " Microsoft office 2000 professional " This does not happen however if i open any of the other program files, just with spybot..

i have just finished running RootAlyzer too, i thought it might help if i do that before first posting as it took a good 3 hours to scan. i have no idea what the results mean.

Thank you in Advance for any help that anyone might be able to give me.

Cheers. Jack.

results from RootAlyzer Deep Scan:

// info: Rootkit removal help file
// copyright: (c) 2008-2009 Safer-Networking Ltd. All rights reserved.

:: RootAlyzer Results
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\Users\All Users\TEMP:DFC5A2B2:$DATA"
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\Users\All Users\TEMP:E4EA859B:$DATA"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\89451.bpc"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\opa12.dat"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Business Contact Manager\StartupService.ini"
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\Users\All Users\CyberLink\CLDShowX.ini:Update.CL:$DATA"
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\Users\All Users\CyberLink\PowerDVD\CLDShowX.ini:Update.CL:$DATA"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Business Contact Manager\StartupService.ini"
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\CLDShowX.ini:Update.CL:$DATA"
File:"Unknown ADS","C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\PowerDVD\CLDShowX.ini:Update.CL:$DATA"
Directory:"No admin in ACL","C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA"
Directory:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA"