PDA

View Full Version : Left Click Scan - How to Disable? HELP!!!

jaydee888
2011-02-16, 13:03
I've this problem which suddenly happened out of the blue.
Everytime when I LEFT CLICK on any video file (eg. flc, avi, wmv,mp4),
Spybot will fire up to scan the video file. Like this.....

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2zr3va9.jpg

Is there any way I can disable this action? When I RIGHT CLICK on the mouse, I can see the context menu that says "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" and this is what I like.

However, when I LEFT CLICK my mouse, I do not want Spybot to fire up to scan. I actually want to open the video file to watch, not to have Spybot intercept it to scan.

This happens out of the blue one day and had been like this for a long time and I did not even do any changes to the program so I do not know why this is happening out of the blue.

Can someone please help me? :sad:

spybotsandra
2011-02-16, 13:36
Hello,

To disable the single files scan please open the registry editor by:
(a)
press windowskey + r then enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)
or
(b)
click on "start" , then "run" and enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)

(a+b)
and then browse to the following path.

Please delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sdfiles
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\sdfiles

For more information, please have a look at this thread in our forum (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30678).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

jaydee888
2011-02-16, 15:59
Well, Sandra, thanks for your response.

However, it is not what I'm saying here. What I want, as I was having it all along before, was that the RIGHT CLICK Context Menu of "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" remains.

However, now, when I'm LEFT CLICKING with my mouse on any video file, Spybot scan begins to scan the file instead of my video player opening the video file.

What I like removed is NOT the RIGHT CLICK Context Menu of Spybot but that when I LEFT CLICK with my mouse, Spybot should not fire up to do the scan.

I hope this is as clear as I can explain it in words. :sad:

Gopher John
2011-02-16, 17:31
Somehow, Windows association with .FLV files has changed from your selected viewer to SpyBot S&D. Open your viewer, and see if there is a way to reset that association.

If not, open Windows Explorer,go to Tools | Folder Options on the File Types tab and scroll down to FLV in the Extensions column. You should be able to point it to the correct program from there.

jaydee888
2011-02-16, 19:23
Hi Gopher John,

I've re-associated all the video file formats to my video player. I did not do anything as far as I remember. all my video file formats were associated to my video player before and I did the associations myself, so I know.

What remains strange to me is that Spybot became associated to flv, wmw, avi, mp4, rm, etc....in fact, all the common video files that I had played on my PC.

And there is no panel within Spybot to associate any types of extensions whatsoever, so it must have been my Windows Explorer acting up.....BUT why must the mis-associations be with Spybot and not any other programs? So, somehow, I feel Spybot is involved in this arresting of video file extensions.

Who is the culprit, only heaven knows BUT thanks, dude.....My problem is solved.

Another thing, when I checked Folder Options, I can't find the extensions FLV, WMV, AVI, MP4, RM, etc. That is rather strange, but oh well...problem solved and that is what matters.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)