PDA

View Full Version : 1394 network adapter drivers for XP

sucosam
2011-02-18, 16:44
Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic is general enough for this general forum, but if not, can anyone suggest a site that deals with these issues?

I just formatted and installed Windows XP Media Center Edition onto an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (laptop). The install went fine, however when I try to go onto the net, I have no connection. I don't have the 'search wireless networks' option, and even plugged direct to the router, I have no connection.

I went to Device Manager and expanded Network Adapter and the only item listed is 1394 Network Adapter. Properties for this say it is installed and working properly.

I've searched through many forums and tried several things but still no luck to get this working.

The motherboard is a Quanta 30B7 ver 65.2C. The laptop itself is a refurb. If anyone can suggest a driver or site to find drivers, and possibly which one I may need, that would be fantastic. Please advise.

shelf life
2011-02-18, 21:09
1394 adapter is a firewire port for audio/video devices. Your best bet for drivers especially with laptops would be to get them from the manufacturers web site based on the make/model and OS. You will be looking for both the wireless cards driver and the ethernet (wired) adapters driver.

sucosam
2011-02-18, 22:53
I went to the HP support page and downloaded and installed all the drivers listed for this type of laptop. The sixth last one was for Nvidia and included ethernet drivers. I can access the internet wired but so far cannot get it to go wireless. I can't even search for wireless networks...that option doesn't appear anywhere.

shelf life
2011-02-19, 01:49
You sure you downloaded the wireless drivers and your card is working ok? Does it show up in task manager? Check that the Wireless Zero config. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702) service is started. Check the HP web site for tips on troubleshooting wireless problems.