PDA

View Full Version : Settings Warning

Non Tech head
2011-02-25, 10:26
Hi All,
Non Tech head here. I’ve had Spybot S+D for a couple of years. My computer runs 24hrs and about a year ago I was well pleased with myself when I ‘eventually’ managed to set S+D to update at 2am and run at 2.30am.:bigthumb:

Over recent weeks I began to wonder ‘a little more’ :confused:why the first screen you see when you launch S+D used to be there in the morning when I got up. I used to put it down to the fact that I probably didn’t set it to close after it did its job during the night. After more recent investigations I came to the alarming conclusion that My S+D had in fact not been doing its job for the past year ‘shock-horror’.:red:

I had set S+D to update at 2am
I had set S+D to run at 2.30 thinking that it was going to scan my computer, wrong:sick:. That setting only ‘Launches’ S+D (hence that screen I referred to earlier). You need to find another box to tick for it to 'actually' scan!!!.

I have always found S+D a little difficult to navigate and select various features and settings etc and so I hope that this posting may help other ‘Non Tech’ heads such as myself to watch out for this one.

spybotsandra
2011-02-25, 12:21
Hello,

In order to run the scheduler please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasksched_topnode.mspx) in order to see how to use the Scheduler.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot