PDA

View Full Version : Another Incomplete Immunization

rotorman
2011-02-26, 15:29
I run Spybot S&D on 2 machines, a desktop which uses Windows7 Pro, 64 bit SP1 & a laptop using Vista Home Premium, SP2.

Both machines have the latest updates, but the desktop shows 14815 items unprotected/14 protected in Internet Explorer (32 bit) \ SOFTWARE (Domains), whereas the laptop has all entries as protected, except it does not have an Internet Explorer (64 bit) heading, ie 4 sections as opposed to 5 on the desktop in the Immunize section.

Firefox & IE8 are used on both machines & both have the latest updates. This lack of protection on the desktop started from day one with my new desktop on installing Spybot a week or so ago, which was before updating Windows 7 to include SP1.

Advice on how to deal with this “situation”, if required, would be appreciated.

Gopher John
2011-02-26, 16:10
On the desktop, is the unprotected items in Firefox? If so, then see Spybot will not immunize firefox. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=56453) It's the Site Preferences settings.

About Vista laptop not having a 64 bit IE section, I don't know. I'm on WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit OS, and I have a Internet Explorer (32 bit) and a Internet Explorer (32/64 bit).

rotorman
2011-02-26, 16:34
As per my original entry:-

14815 items unprotected/14 protected in Internet Explorer (32 bit) \ SOFTWARE (Domains) entry.

All remaining entries show as full protection in all sections

I'm not worried/concerned about my laptop(Vista) 32 bit machine, only the 14815 unprotected items on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit desktop.

I suspect it might be related to the fact that in the Start menu of the Windows 7 machine there are two entries for Internet Explorer, one says "Internet Explorer (64bit)" & the second "Internet Explorer". Selecting either brings up IE8 with my Home page, but the first goes to "C:\Program Files \Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" & the other to:- "C:\Program Files (86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".

Regular scans using all my anti this that & the other show no errors.

spybotsandra
2011-02-28, 10:13
Hello,

Please open regedit with admin rights (Start>type 'regedit' in search bar>right-click and select 'Run as administrator')

open:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
or on a x86/32bit system:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
and delete the folder 'Domains'.

If this refuses to delete, right-click and select 'Permissions...', select your username from the list (or find it by clicking Add...>Advanced...>Find Now and then select your username and click OK). Then tick the Allow boxes, click OK and delete.

You can now open Spybot and select Immunize, and once it has scanned, select Immunize at the top.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rotorman
2011-02-28, 12:37
Sandra,

Many thanks, it worked a treat.

Regards John C.

adelibelula
2011-04-05, 17:20
Thank you!
I've been having the same problem for some time and disabling other safety software didn't work. Spybot now completes the immnization.