PDA

View Full Version : Files and locations for torpig and mebroot botnets

derricks2
2011-03-04, 15:37
Without going into large detail, I am trying to create a batch file to search for the different files associated with the Torpig and Mebroot botnets. I am not attempting to clean them with the batch file, just a program(specifically for those 2 botnets) for verification of if the computer that batch file is ran on has files on their system associated with either/both of those 2 botnets listed above.

If anyone has any info on any/all file locations that I can search for using a batch file for verification of infection, please let me know. Thanks.

tashi
2011-03-04, 15:44
Hello derricks2,

What you are asking is not within the purpose of this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Best regards,

derricks2
2011-03-04, 16:47
Hello derricks2,

What you are asking is not within the purpose of this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Best regards,

Well then I apologize for posting this in the wrong place. Which forum do you think would be best to get an answer to my question?

tashi
2011-03-04, 17:37
Hello derricks2,

Well then I apologize for posting this in the wrong place. Which forum do you think would be best to get an answer to my question?

Without going into large detail, I am trying to create a batch file to search for the different files associated with the Torpig and Mebroot botnets. I am not attempting to clean them with the batch file, just a program(specifically for those 2 botnets) for verification of if the computer that batch file is ran on has files on their system associated with either/both of those 2 botnets listed above.

If anyone has any info on any/all file locations that I can search for using a batch file for verification of infection, please let me know. Thanks.
Please give more details. Is this concerning a personal computer or... in other words why do you ask.

Best regards.