PDA

View Full Version : Concerned

Zippo
2006-07-28, 23:57
Hi,

I have seen my Spybot Resident block this process:

"{01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE}" (new data: "") deleted in ActiveX Distribution Unit!
7/29/2006 4:26:43 AM Denied value

I tried closing this window, but it doesnt work because there is only a notification window and the window wont close, so I exit Spybot Resident...It wont allow me to accept/deny the process. Did I do the right or wrong thing ? Has my registry been changed without warning? What should I do or not do?

Advice needed.

Zenobia
2006-07-29, 00:28
That number between the curly brackets shows here as SupportSoft SmartIssue,and is listed as legitimate:
http://www.castlecops.com/atxlist-1563.html

I tried closing this window, but it doesnt work because there is only a notification window and the window wont close, so I exit Spybot Resident...It wont allow me to accept/deny the process.

a.Is the notification window coming up with the buttons garbled?

b.Or is the notification window coming up on the lower right-hand side of the screen,saying something along the lines of:
Resident denied the change of {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} according to your black list?

Zippo
2006-07-29, 00:51
Its more like b)

When I try closing the small window giving me the notification of the reigistry change, well it wont allow that and clicking x causes small pop windows from TeaTimer along the right hand side that slowly go off provided I dont click the [x].

Sorry I dont have screen shots but I hope you get the picture :confused:

So, in the end I just end the Tea Timer without addressing this registry change because there is no option for me to allow/deny the change.

I'm afraid my registry got changed and since my Norton always tell me Trojan x,y,z is trying to get into my pc, I'm kinda worried.

Zippo
2006-07-29, 01:04
Seems to be ok according to castle cops, but I dont know whether anything changed or didnt change in my registry.... since I can only exit the TeaTimer.

Zenobia
2006-07-29, 01:28
When allowing or denying something with teatimer,theres the option to 'remember this decision.'Then,the next time it encounters whatever it was you allowed or denied,it performs an automatic deny or allow,depending on what you checked,and pops up the message about allowing it or denying it according to your white list or black list.

Try rightclicking Teatimer,then select Setting.The Black & White list will open,and you'll see four headings across the top Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes and then Blocked Registry Changes.You can click through the headings and remove anything you don't want remembered by clicking the black x beside it.Then,the next time teatimer will ask you to allow or deny the change.

Zenobia
2006-07-29, 01:40
I'll post this also,just in case:
If your Teatimer buttons are garbled,also,there are fixes in this topic here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
And here's a post by md usa spybot fan,for further explanation:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=28258&postcount=2

Zenobia
2006-07-29, 04:11
Sorry,I missed your post here:

Seems to be ok according to castle cops, but I dont know whether anything changed or didnt change in my registry.... since I can only exit the TeaTimer.

7/29/2006 4:26:43 AM Denied value "{01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE}" (new data: "") deleted in ActiveX Distribution Unit!

Nothing should have changed,since it showed that the deletion of the ActiveX was denied.

Zippo
2006-07-29, 10:46
K, thanks a bunch ! :)

Zenobia
2006-07-29, 11:15
You're welcome. :)