PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the Tavern

sixtyfourcustom
2011-03-20, 10:45
After nearly four days and with 70 views I have not had one reply to my plea for help. I found an avatar that seems to be in about the same mood as I am in. It is probably no wonder if he is like me and knows that he had seen those ever important posting rules, he thinks, somewhere, here within this labyrinth of unfamiliarity. I, myself, once stumbled upon such a golden fleece-like prize. But, alas, I let it slip from my grasp into the depths of this great swirling funnel of murky, dark, and foreboding waters. Having lost the prize of the fleece, but so desperate was I, it was made, still, an attempt, a hope of understanding, to set my message in a bottle, afloat upon this great and powerful sea. My bottle, my desperate attempt, against all odds, did not escape the eye of those passing by, stopping for refreshments at the Tavern. Yea, they saw this weary and torn soul, with his desperate message, floating in that little bottle. But they only read, laughed a great laugh, saying, eye, he should have followed the rule of the fleece. Nay, would he be in the fix he is in had he followed the fleece. Let him wallow inside his dispare. Four days I heard them say. That should do the trick. Alas, how else to teach him his manners. How dare he not follow the fleece. Yes, 70 of them passed me by without the courtesy of even a tipped hat or a crinkle of a smile across their lips. He is a green horn, he must pay his dues. Let him be indoctrinated as we once were. How dare he try to pass without the toll. Yea, it is what he deserves. He shall wait his four days like those before who failed to find and follow the rule of the great golden fleece. It is told that Jason, once, found it. See, Jason found the fleece and the rule, so then, should this fool.

Sixtyfourcustom

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61867

Tom.K
2011-03-22, 14:26
I wouldn't be quite surprised. 70 views means nothing. You can't expect some expert to come here and answer something. If someone doesn't know how to answer to you, that's it. Other reason could be further rage like if you attempt to do some action, you'll probably just say that it didn't worked and it made it worse.

"READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST", rules, as I know that people who have been around forums for some time are really touchy about the, "READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST", rules, and COULD FIND NO SUCH, READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST", rules TO READ.

This is the FAQ in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

It's just for taking a check for malware. Some people here actually don't even know how to properly make a post, as they are beginners on computers and they just use it for general.

Overall, you can't just go and yell to tashi just like that. Most of helpers and team keep saying same thing without raging, they work hardly.

Try to think twice before you post actually. You might be wrong.
If all of those 70 viewers post on your thread, here's example how it would look:
"I have no idea what you mean."
"I have same problem, but I don't know."
"Spam here."
"Spam."
"More Spam."
"Invalid answer."

If you really think we're laughing, then imagine someone having bigger problems than you. Would you laugh? People can't laugh at someone who has problems, he would be just sad about them, if they can't answer it, they can't.