PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer Popup HowTo Resize Entire Window

TheZeDD
2011-03-22, 22:41
Ok,

Before anyone jumps the barrel the wrong way...

I am trying to enlarge the "TeaTimer Popup Window" that displays when finding a new process while running the "TeaTimer". Currently you have to STRETCH that lil' window out everytime to read all that is displayed.

I tried fooling around with it using a method i found here:

ResHack:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Granted, ResHack (Resouce Hack) utility was rather nifty, compliant and stable but it was not the adjustment I was trying to make.

It looks like you have to make several edits to that windows script/parameters.

Anyone have some ideas or a fix on how to make it at least 2 or 3 times the standard size it is (width wise) without making it permanent so it can be resized (smaller or larger yet) if needed. Basically the way it is now just 2-3 times larger at initial popup ;)

Thank You!

TheZeDD
2011-03-24, 20:07
I'm still looking for a solution on this or someone to help me decipher the scripting/program.

- Thank You

TheZeDD
2011-03-24, 20:25
I tried to edit the above post but I received an error after editing stating "Must Edit Post Within 15 minutes".

Ugh... here is the above post edited:

I'm still looking for a solution on this or someone to help me decipher the scripting/program.

Additionaly, the following page has two links:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9214&highlight=resize+teatimer

The links are:

Which only does what I stated in my previous post, correcting an issue i'm not having (a jumbled/compressed window scripting error because of resolution or a simple mistake).

- and -

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...59&postcount=2

....the second item I refered to as not a proper or working html web address link :(

I found these items using these searches on the forum:

"resize teatimer"

...and then i tried:

"resize tea timer"

...using "resize popup" only my post here shows up :)

- Thank You Patrick and similar persons

Reason for edit: Additional Info - Day 3 :(

spybotsandra
2011-03-28, 09:08
Hello,

I am sorry, but that are more than 6 years old threads that you have posted in.
With the release of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2, this topic is done.
You may find old threads in our forum by using the search function.
The threads in our normal Spybot - S&D forum are not being closed like this is the case in the Malware removal forum.
So if you have a support question you should keep an eye on the date of posts.
The best way might be to open a new thread of your own where a helper can volunteer.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

TheZeDD
2011-03-28, 22:43
Hello,

I am sorry, but that are more than 6 years old threads that you have posted in.
With the release of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2, this topic is done.

Team Spybot

Incorrect, I was the person who started this thread on 03-22-2011, just a few days ago.

And Yes, It was corrected where the buttons were jumbled as I noted the link. But this in reference to the default sizing. I know there were many compaints about this. I had waited for future releases to fix this, that was several plus years ago.

As a recap, "TeaTimer" - How To Resize the "Prompt/Popup" that asks for confirmation to Allow/Deny. Basically, a LARGER default size that is 2 to 3 times the original defaulted. This is so that you do not have to manually drag the window out with "EVERY" prompt :D

You also noted that there are fixes for it on this website via forum search. I noted those fixes as well as a few of the search patterns used. Maybe you have some knowledge I do not and would appreciate any links you have to fixing this issue.

-------------
--------

I'm guessing there are only a few lines that need editing, if someone would be kind enough to relay which ones I would be happy to toy with it.

--------
------------

Thats all, and thank you :)

TheZeDD
2011-04-09, 22:26
I finally found the lines that seem to make a difference and re-centering takes place automatically. But in a pinch, such as dealing with and/or a screen size of 800x600 resolution; corrupt/default vid drivers due to what ever this window could be to large. However I am guessing that holding the "Text Width Size" to "600" should help to deal with that.

Using part of the idea found here:

and extrapolating...

There are 5 lines I believe to make a difference and while not perfect should help the nagg of resizing/stretching the popup notification window everytime your prompted and thus to be assured your "A"ccepting or "D"enying the correct items:

There seems to be two parts to make this work,

object formRegistryWarning: TformRegistryWarning

ClientWidth = 351 to 700 (width overall?)

Then, the text line width is the next culprit that seems needing to adjust:

object labelInfo: TLabel

object labelChange: TLabel

object labelValue: TLabel

object labelOldData: TLabel

object labelNewData: TLabel

The default of these are all something like 257? So why not up this to like 600 plus?

Note the "compile script" and also "save" (missing in thread 122) :)

The only other item is in the case of too small of screen-resolution, such as 640x480, you may have to shrink these popup notifications or adjust the "TeaTimer.exe" using ResHack and the recompile/save method as listed in thread 122 noted previous or replace it with the original backup created by ResHack :?

Any ideas?

Thank you for the ideas, help, and edit!

p.s. i sent out a few dozen questionares on this for input *shrug*