PDA

View Full Version : Script Kiddie made software like CoviroSoft etc; Should it be removed?

Tom.K
2011-03-23, 22:55
hxxp://wxx.covirosoft.net/

Some dumb guy (but really, I can't handle... post count hint, 66x) called Serj960 from Youtube seem to make some kind of script kiddie if you notice better. Last time he tried to make Robo AntiVirus (search about it).
If you take a good look in files, it's just dumb MD5 database hash scanning.

If you take a better look at that guy, you would wonder that it's mostly everything like he's cloning accounts. What's kinda worse, I've noticed in some comments that he was offering actual rogues on his old forum.

I want to ask Spybot Team about this. People make really stupid stuff on Youtube, don't you agree? There're over loads of those fake antiviruses, and now those 10 year old kids make removal stuff which is actually useless and make even more problems for anti-malware teams. So I wonder are these kinds of software should be terminated immediately? Just tell me everything what's mostly can be done with this to prove that so-called software is actually not even useful.

I don't know if this looks kinda like I'm doing some abuse, if it does, my bad. It's almost midnight in here when i wrote this, so I might have no idea what I actually wrote. muha:

InfernoLynx
2011-03-24, 07:10
Hello tom, I'm one of the CoviroSoft administrators and I'd like to explain a few things.

Yes, this program was formerly known as "Robo Antivirus", but since the domain for it expired, I suggested that we just started over, first off starting with a much better name, "Robo Antivirus" not only sounds cheesy, but rogueish, I brought up with the company name, and thus CoviroSoft started.

Though this is completely not what I wanted, serj apparently got impatient and decided to release the program without my approval, and now he got it all screwed up, what I wanted was original graphics for the program.

I don't know if this looks kinda like I'm doing some abuse, if it does, my bad.

Well at least you're being honest, we don't want negative comments just only because it's negative, we'd like constructive criticism and how to improve this site, however for now, I'm requesting serj to halt everything for a moment.