PDA

View Full Version : Error during check - failed to get data for

norash
2011-03-26, 19:25
Hi

I have run S&D for number of years with no problems and on my other 2 machines I still have no problem, but recently on my main machine I have been getting the following errors when running a scan, (this is only a small example of the errors but they all basically look the same). I have tried numerous times uninstalling and reinstalling and everytime the same error, I am running Windows vista home preimium - 32 bit system. Can anyone help???

Thanks

Shaz

Error during check!: AdDestination [3 - $4623E24D] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: Ask.MyGlobalSearch [1 - $B47ABFF2] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: Ask.MyGlobalSearch [2 - $EA8D9CCB] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [78 - $3A36419F] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [79 - $90F34298] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [80 - $5C01E09A] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [81 - $66630E61] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [82 - $9AF9820D] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BaiduBar [83 - $03A207E5] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: BannerStyles.Optimizer [1 - $2C3CEB96] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: CouponBar [36 - $F94955F6] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: DonkeyToolbar [1 - $B1536067] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: DuDuAccelerator [12 - $BC771D63] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: DuDuAccelerator [13 - $70B6B6FB] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: FunnyMall [19 - $1BF628F5] (Failed to get data for '') Error during check!: M.R.Advertising [3 - $B324FCA9] (Failed to get data for '')
Error during check!: Need2Find [3 - $6510BC55] (Failed to get data for '')

tashi
2011-03-27, 06:31
Hello norash,

Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and date of the last definitions.

Best regards. :)

norash
2011-04-24, 12:08
Hi

Ok this problem is still happening have not managed to fix it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times the version I am using is 1.6.2.46 and the data detection is dated 20/04/11

Can anyone advise as I really miss using this program and am worried that maybe i have an underlying problem that is stoppin s&d working

thanks

shaz

spybotsandra
2011-04-26, 13:13
Hello,

Seems like you have a damaged advcheck.dll.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html).
Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe).

Make sure that you also delete this folders and all files in it:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

norash
2011-04-26, 17:49
Hi

Have uninstalled, deleted folder, restarted computer, reinstalled, followed exactly the installation and still the same problem as soon as I start running a check - error during check message

Shaz

norash
2011-04-30, 01:44
hi

can anyone else help me with this problem, have seen the same problem with other ppl did anyone get it fixed??

thanks

shaz

norash
2011-05-01, 11:57
Hi

Does anyone else have/had this problem I really am at a lost what to do next, can i just repair the damaged file?????

:thanks:

norash
2011-05-07, 14:55
Hi

Has anyone this problem or has managed to solve it I still cant get s&d to run on this computer, though it is fine on my other 2????

This is my main computer and would really need to run a scan on it

thanks for any help

shaz

tashi
2011-05-07, 17:22
Hi norash,

Is your computer showing any signs of infection? Also please list other security programs installed. :)

Best regards.

norash
2011-05-19, 19:06
Hi

no pc is showing no signs of infection, I run s&d, spyware blaster and run mcafee internet security (this comes free as an o2 customer),

thanks

shaz

tashi
2011-05-19, 21:45
Hi shaz,

I run s&d, spyware blaster and run mcafee internet security (this comes free as an o2 customer),

Is McAfee installed on your other computers? Has that program thrown any errors about Spybot-S&D?

Best regards.

norash
2011-05-22, 14:38
Hi

Yes mcafee runs on all 3 of my computers with no problems, S&D runs on my other two computers, also ran on this one until recently when this problem started up, Mcafee scan has never mentioned a problem with S&D

shaz

norash
2011-05-25, 19:32
Still at a total loss for this problem any ideas??

tashi
2011-05-25, 23:47
Hello Shaz,

Hi

Have uninstalled, deleted folder, restarted computer, reinstalled, followed exactly the installation and still the same problem as soon as I start running a check - error during check message

Shaz
Did you get a fresh download before re-installing, as per;

Hello,

Seems like you have a damaged advcheck.dll.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html).
Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe).

Make sure that you also delete this folders and all files in it:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

vegaspat
2011-12-31, 23:04
Did anyone come up with a solution for this issue? I also developed this issue and did everything suggested.

I did a totally clean uninstall, downloaded the latest version and updated it.

But when it started doing the check again I must have gotten over a hundred lines stating "Error during check and Failed to get data for ? various items such as Zango, Toolbar-Yourprofitclub, Win32.TrafficSol and on and on.

I have NO problems on my Vista and XP machines. This is only on my Win 7 laptop.

I've run Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware many times with no issues coming up.

If no one else has solved this issue I suppose I can uninstall Spybot and learn to live without it. I'd rather not do that.:sad: