PDA

View Full Version : Is my virus gone? (No logs ATM)

spyshotzzzz
2011-03-30, 20:43
So today, I turned on my computer and it could not turn on! There was the two options which were a startup repair thing, or start windows normally. This normally happens (only once) so I clicked the Start Windows Normally. Then that screen kept happening. On the 5-6th try, I did the first option which was the repair thing. It did not find anything and shut down. I tried it again, and it worked! But the thing is... my computer was SUPER slow, my antivirus was shut down (and could not start Malware Anti-Malware Bytes, Spybot, etc), and I had no internet!

I shut it down, and went to safe mode with no networking. I opened up a (unupdated - 37days... No internet to update it) Malware Anti-Malware Bytes, and did a Full-scan. After 44minutes, it found nothing. I restarted my computer, and logged in without safe mode. And here I am right now, my computer working PERFECTLY. I updated MBAM, Spybot, Avast, and EVERYTHING... and quick scanned. Mbam found nothing - and Spybot Search and Destroy is almost done, also found nothing...

Is my computer safe, or do I need to take extreme measures and post HiJackThis, DDS logs, etc?

tashi
2011-03-30, 21:36
Hello spyshotzzzz,

Is my computer safe, or do I need to take extreme measures and post HiJackThis, DDS logs, etc?
It would be guessing for anyone to give such assurance without taking a look at the system. ;)

If you would to take that route please see this FAQ "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) which also includes instructions for posting DDS logs, (not HJT), for analysis in post #2.

Then start a new topic and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.