PDA

View Full Version : CPU constantly running at 100%

wcts17skippy
2011-03-31, 18:48
My son gave me his old laptop, I went in and reformated the hd and to reload back to when we purchased it. It wouldn't load so we tried to use a ghost of another system, it would not load it either. I used the Dell cd to run the dianostics test and it showed slot B 256mb memory bad. Replaced memory with (2) 512mb. Once system came up reinstalled the Dell installation cd . All seemed fine until I tried to check email, facebook, etc., it would take forever to load or not load at all. Loaded Malwarebytes, ran it, it cleaned some tracking cookies, loaded ccleaner, ran it, tried a couple more free antiware, spyware programs, Microdoft Security Essentials, everything cleaned the normal items. loaded spybot and ran it, nothing found. I had to diable the firewall, virus protection and microsoft updates and the CPU usage came down some but still running high. Something is somewhere behind the scenes and I can't find it for it to constantly be running so high. I fugre it's a virus but nothing is picking it up.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried everything I know to do.

Thanks in advance,
Wanda:confused:

tashi
2011-03-31, 20:31
Hello wcts17skippy,

I had to diable the firewall, virus protection and microsoft updates and the CPU usage came down some but still running high.
Do you still have the firewall, virus protection and microsoft updates disabled? :spider:

Please revisit the FAQ which may have changed since your last visit.

Instructions for posting preliminary DDS logs for analysis in post #2. "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the logs requested and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.

tashi
2011-04-01, 01:45
Then start a new topic providing the logs requested and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Log split off to new topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62080

:)