PDA

View Full Version : Setup won't complete

nculbert
2011-04-10, 17:40
I am using Windows 7 in Safe Mode. During the Spybot S&D setup program I get the following error message:

Failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata"

and then setup terminates without finishing.

Any idea how to correct?

tashi
2011-04-10, 23:06
Hello nculbert,

I am using Windows 7 in Safe Mode. During the Spybot S&D setup program I get the following error message:

Failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata"

Is there a reason you are trying to install the program with the operating system in safe mode? :)

Best regards,

nculbert
2011-04-12, 12:32
I originally tried to install Spybot in regular mode and experienced the problem, so I switched to safe mode and tried to install again, but ran into the same problem.

tashi
2011-04-12, 18:35
Hello nculbert,

One reason for the "userappdata" error message is when the user does not have administrator rights. Please check that there is no right click option missing where you can run as admin.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Best regards.

nculbert
2011-04-14, 13:43
OK. I ran the setup program as administrator, but still had the same error message.

nculbert
2011-04-14, 18:29
Finally! Changed my user from "Standard" to "Administrator" then reinstalled Spybot without a problem. Even though I had selected "Run as Administrator" previously, for some reason , either the operating system or Spybot would not recognize me as having admin rights.

Everything seems to working now. Thanks for your help.

tashi
2011-04-14, 19:32
:rockon: :bigthumb: