PDA

View Full Version : help with click giftload hijacker c please

Joe 2
2011-04-13, 19:18
Hi, my avg 9 ( paid) anti-virus scan found i had been infected by a trojan and by running scans from microsoft and finally the spybot s and d scan, i have managed to find and delete several viruses but am left with this one, which only spybot finds but cannot delete. can you tell me what this infection is likely to be doing and is it safe for me to do internet banking etc?i have no saved passwords on my pc.i dont know how long it has been there as i have used avg for 2 years and it never prevented or reported it.:
it is reported as being at Hkey-user\default\software\microsoft\internet explorer\feature control\feature_browser_emulation\svhost.exe
can you help me to get rid of this?

many thanks for your help

tashi
2011-04-13, 19:45
Hello Joe 2,

In case you missed it please see the forum FAQ which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions on posting preliminary "DDS" logs which are used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

If DDS won't run and produce a log please start a new topic anyway and explain the situation.

Best regards.