PDA

View Full Version : Internet Protection Firewall Alert - how do I get rid of it (and how did i get it)?

kd1219
2011-04-16, 05:49
Computer has all these alerts that my computer is being hacked and various other pop up messages. All are that Internet Protection Firewall Alert. It has an icon on my desktop that I did not put there.
I am not very computer savy so I don't know how to do those logs ... but I can follow directions if you can guide me to clean this virus/malware out of my computer.

I have ran Spybot Search & Destroy.
It said "Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled.
I clicked to fix it. It confirmed 1 problems fixed.
I clicked 'Immunize' It said all were protected.
When I tried to close the S&D window I got a message that 'this program is not responding' I chose to 'end now'

I ran SUPERAntiSpyware
Scan Summary said
memory items detected 0
files detected 444
registry items detected 6
total threats detected 466
scan time 1:20:18
I clicked to review items detected and it showed
adware flash tracking cookies 18 items
adware gamevance 4 items
adware select rebates 3 items
adware select rebates (SAH) 1 items
adware shopathome select 2 items
adware tracking cookies 448 items
It had checks by all but the third and fifth ones.... i added checks to those and clicked to remove/quarantine those items
It showed them all as removed.
I rebooted as requested by the program

I tried to open IE and the pop-up for Internet Protection popped up saying it is scaning my computer. I could not close the box. I clicked the stop scan... it says scan results 14 malware applications detected on your computer. closed that window and the little message at the bottom starts again... internet protection - your computer is under the infections threat.. etc... More pop up windows. I'm scared to use the IE ... because the internet protection thing is still there.

I opened my Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware and updated it to version 6371.
performed a quick scan
It says objects infected 8.
list shows: adware.game .. registry key
PUP.mightyMa... registry key
PUP.mightyma....registry key
PUP.mightyma... registry key
Trojan.FakeAl.. File
Trojan.FakeAl.. Registry Value
Trojan.FakeAl..File
Adware.Game.. Registry Key
All had checkmarks by them except the PUP entries...
I clicked 'remove selected'
saved the log
restarted as requested

Open IE and so far no pop-ups and warning messages. Am I ok now or is my computer still infected?

tashi
2011-04-16, 06:50
Hello kd1219,

Am I ok now or is my computer still infected?
In order for someone to advise see this forum's sticky which also includes instructions for posting a preliminary DDS log for analysis in post #2.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the log and a volunteer analyst will assist you when available. :)

Best regards.