PDA

View Full Version : Explorer.exe error at startup, but i can't help it in any way

Crydevil
2006-07-30, 23:35
Hello, my name is Steven Meuleman, and I must be the dumbest guy in the world, since I was so dumb to actually click on a .exe file wich is named "crack.exe", wich was located in a .rar file. I WAS getting all sort of security messages, and didn't even look at them (what was i thinking?) so please excuse me for being so ******* dumb.:(

But anyway, now the problem is that, whenever I start my PC, I get an error wich asks me to send or not send a report to Miscrosoft about a mistake that has occured in explorer.exe. Since the virus has shut down EVERYTHING, including my network, I don't have connection to the internet, so i can't download any antivirus software to undo all this crap. So all i see is the World of Warcraft wallpaper on my desktop, and no taskbar or icons. I can still open my Task Manager, and startup some software through the command thing, for example i can startup itunes.exe, but i cannot play music because the music is located in explorer.exe, wich doesn't work anymore (atleast thats what i think).

I’ve already tried to run “sfc /scannow”, wich restores any changed registry file with the Windows disc, but this doesn’t work also. I also tried to restore my PC to a backup that was made a few months earlier, by System Mechanic 6, but also this didn’t work.

So my dad thinks he has a solution by just putting my hard drive into his computer and then delete all the files via his PC (because his PC boots from his C-drive, wich isn't infected).

But anyway, i'd really appreciate it if U could find another solution that doesn't include reinstalling the computer. And if there is no other solution, then i would try the solution my dad has come up with, but could u guys tell me if there could be any danger of spreading the virus into his drives??

Thank You
Steven Meuleman

LonnyRJones
2006-08-05, 08:31
Hi

If your folks can put your hardrive onto there pc as a slave and clean it up thats a solution, once it is cleaned put it back in your pc ..
Be sure to run and updated antivirus program then SpyBot....

tashi
2006-08-09, 22:00
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.