PDA

View Full Version : Adware_Adultlinks

Kurvenal
2006-07-31, 01:00
Please see screenshot in the attached zip file. This is a persistent suspect item in the Windows registry detected by Trend Micro's Anti-Spyware program with every scan, but even though it is supposedly deleted it reappears for no apparent reason (ie no internet browsing in the interim, etc). I just ran Spybot S&D and this particular item did not seem to be detected. I would love to figure out a way to get rid of it permanently. If I recall correctly, it originally showed up as a suspect cookie before then turning into a suspect item of the same name in the Windows registry. Even if it is a low risk threat, it is annoying because of its persistence. Thoughts?

Kurvenal
2006-07-31, 15:35
Just fyi.

bubba
2006-07-31, 16:41
I would love to figure out a way to get rid of it permanentlyGiven the fact that the HKLM\Software\Redemption key shown in your pic can be associated with Skype and in particular Skype's Outlook Toolbar....I'll ask if you use Skype and it's Outlook Toolbar addon ?

Kurvenal
2006-08-01, 03:13
Yes is the answer on both counts. I just uninstalled the Skype toolbar for Outlook and deleted the suspect item with Trend Micro's Anti-Spyware, but it reappeared immediately, so I am not sure what to think. Any suggestions?