PDA

View Full Version : XP Anti-Spyware 2011 reccuring plus Automatic Updates disabled

Narcissist
2011-04-21, 01:23
Hello I am new to this forum, for the past couple of days I have been experiencing the same recurring virus. I thought I cleaned it out but that doesn't seem to be the case (using ESET NOD32 and Malwarebytes). The virus also causes script errors and disabling my windows automatic updates even though I check the systems tab and it says that my automatic updates has been enabled. I'm going crazy over this to say the least.

Narcissist
2011-04-21, 02:20
Well just as an update I suppose now I've been infected with yet another virus about a microsoft removal tool or something like that...the name escapes me at the moment but I will post it after the first reply.

tashi
2011-04-21, 03:01
Hello Narcissist,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs as shown in that sticky and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

If DDS won't run and produce a log please start a new topic anyway and explain the situation.

Best regards.