PDA

View Full Version : Blank- black screen after login

ravitheja
2011-04-26, 03:54
Hi have a good day!

I am new to the site and its my first post, please let me know if information provided is not clear or you need any further information.

Problem:

After login it displays a blank black screen and is not loading windows explorer(i.e no windows options showing,no taskbar etc...its completly blank screen except delldock options).

I am using 32-bit windows vista pc and presumming it is affected by virus or malware. McAfee is installed in my laptop and I am not able to find any issues while scanning.I have just downloaded internet explorer 9 and re-started pc causes to the below issue. Uninstall ie9 also the issue still persists.

Could you please help me to proceed further.

tashi
2011-04-26, 08:58
Hello ravitheja,

The symptom described can be caused by several factors, for instance;
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/windows-vista-wont-boot-black-screen-after-windows/c092d2a6-cfbe-4dd9-9bee-4f3fb3419100

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/windows-vista-black-screen-after-logging-in-and/ef6bea18-5e73-4414-aed9-f9c505425237

It might be best to post the issue at the Microsoft Answers forum, someone there should be able to help you troubleshoot.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista

Let us know how it goes, best regards. :)

ravitheja
2011-04-26, 11:14
Thanks a Lot Tashi.

I have posted in Microsoft forum and let you know once I get any response.

ravitheja
2011-04-26, 18:09
Hi Good News,

The issue is now fixed, the problem was an explorer not running automatically while loading OS causes blank screen after login and if you add it by manually in task manager it loads windows explorer successfully. After user permission setting done by one of my co - worker, it works fine. Hence I am happy with the solution for the issue blank screen , but still I am not confident on my system files and suspeting is there any virus.

Could you please let me know what can I do for to make sure my system is 100% secure is not affected by any virus.

tashi
2011-04-26, 19:52
Hi ravitheja,

Is the computer showing any signs of infection? Also please list all security programs installed.

Cheers.

ravitheja
2011-04-27, 11:56
Hi Tashi,

The following two programs installed in my PC.
1. McAfee
2. Spybot Search & Destroy

I have scanned using above programs and results with the below details.

First scan:(Before blank screen issue)
McAfee - 49 Detected and Removed - Works fine until ie9 install

Second scan: (when blank screen issue persists)
McAfee - No issues found
Spybot - 3 Detected and Fixed

Third scan: (After blank screen issue resolved)
McAfee - No issues found
Spybot - No issues found

tashi
2011-04-27, 21:37
Hello ravitheja,

The issue is now fixed, the problem was an explorer not running automatically while loading OS causes blank screen after login and if you add it by manually in task manager it loads windows explorer successfully. After user permission setting done by one of my co - worker, it works fine
Is this a Corporate/Government/Small Business/Institutional computer or used in that kind of environment?

Is the computer showing any signs of infection?

Apparently the issues were resolved?

I have scanned using above programs and results with the below details.

First scan:(Before blank screen issue)
McAfee - 49 Detected and Removed - Works fine until ie9 install

Second scan: (when blank screen issue persists)
McAfee - No issues found
Spybot - 3 Detected and Fixed

Third scan: (After blank screen issue resolved)
McAfee - No issues found
Spybot - No issues found
Best regards.

ravitheja
2011-04-28, 01:57
Hi Tashi, Thank you for your assistance

Yes the problem was resolved.

But I need to know how my system was infected? Whether the issue because of any virus? If so I need to remove it from PC.

If it is not because of virus then what is the reason to cause a blank screen?

System information:

1. it’s my personal laptop- Dell Vista Home Premium.
2. 32-Bit processer

Many Thanks
Ravi

tashi
2011-04-28, 07:25
Hello ravitheja,

But I need to know how my system was infected?
Only the person who was on the computer might know how or when it was infected. ;)

If it is not because of virus then what is the reason to cause a blank screen?

The symptom described can be caused by several factors, for instance;

If the machine is a personal computer showing signs of infection and you'd like someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide a preliminary DDS log, which is used for analysis.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Best regards. :)

ravitheja
2011-04-28, 13:11
Thanks a lot Tashi.

I will post new one in Malware Remove Forum..

Many thanks
Ravi.