PDA

View Full Version : Adware_Adultlinks

Kurvenal
2006-07-31, 14:23
Please see screenshot in the attached zip file. This is a persistent suspect item in the Windows registry detected by Trend Micro's Anti-Spyware program with every scan, but even though it is supposedly deleted it reappears for no apparent reason (ie no internet browsing in the interim, etc). I just ran Spybot S&D and this particular item did not seem to be detected. I would love to figure out a way to get rid of it permanently. If I recall correctly, it originally showed up as a suspect cookie before then turning into a suspect item of the same name in the Windows registry. Even if it is a low risk threat, it is annoying because of its persistence. Thoughts?

[NOTE: This is a duplicate of a post made earlier today in the New or Undetected forum -- I am not sure which forum it belongs in.]

Kurvenal
2006-07-31, 14:33
Just belatedly read the instructions for posting threads on this forum. Have done an online virus scan with no reported problems. Here is a HJT log file and a SpyBot log file.

LonnyRJones
2006-08-05, 09:27
Hi Kurvenal

I see skype and a redemption key are mentioned here
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3446&PN=1&TPN=2

I haven't ran into this before and cannot say if the information there is accurate

tashi
2006-08-09, 22:01
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.