PDA

View Full Version : SB won't install...

akaishic
2011-05-06, 18:19
Hello all!
Well..I seem to have the "XP Home Security 2011" issue.
My Windoxs XP PRO Firewall is turned off by it. ALL my programs do not seem to run properly (I have to use the "Run As..." to get anything..if I am lucky to run. Though if I just double click on my shortcuts it opens a window asking "Open With" "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:", then it looks like it will start up, in which case it then gives me an error saying that "the "program name" has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for any inconveince..., or it won't open at all!
I have found info on the "XP Home Security 2011" and it is a malicious malware (think it said on the info).
I would really like to get things back in order without having to format and re-install!
Not sure how to proceed...
Was instructed to shut down in my (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) Processes, .exe's and started to..but felt I didn't know enough to do that, without severe consequences. So, I stopped that and closed it!
I am sure that I have messed up, but cross my fingers that it isn't to bad and repairable....
Please help!...any other info needed to clear this up, I will do my best to supply in order for best assessment and fix of this problem.
But, as I said, I cannot even install Spybot S&D to get anything started...
TY for any and all help!
I have tried to run the DDS...all that happens is Notepad opens and has A LOT of characters...almost like coding. It does say at the top, mixed in "This program cannot be run in DOS mode".
I have tried to run my "iolo System Shield" to clear up any problems, and also tried running AVAST to clean out any viruses (after, it just said that there was 3 infections:
Win32: Malware Gen
Win32: Trojan Gen
Win32: Malware Gen
And it put them in the "Chest"...
I am unable to install ERUNT.
Not sure what else you would require of me, but THANKS so very much for any help...
I have 2 hard drives, one for all my software/programs..etc. The other is for all my documents/pictures/music/saved files

shelf life
2011-05-12, 23:22
hi akaishic,

Your post is a few days old. If you still need help simply reply back and we will see what we can do.