PDA

View Full Version : spybot

nodata12
2011-05-09, 15:04
hey guys. i have a questions. i had some spyware/malware on my pc and spybot detected it. it said there were 14 entries. i removed the problems but there were 4 entries left and spybot said they were running and i needed to restart my pc. i made spybot run on startup and when it finished scanning spybot didn't found anything and before i restarted my pc there were 4 entries left. someone knows what's wrong?

spybotsandra
2011-05-09, 15:31
Hello,

Then Spybot fixed those items with the restart of the system.
Spybot - Search & Destroy can not delete all files. Some files used by Windows are running in the background. If you would delete these files before the application they are involved in your system would be instable. But if you restart your System Spybot - Search & Destroy can find and destroy them, before they are activated. That is the reason why you sometimes have to restart your system after the scan has finished.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

nodata12
2011-05-09, 15:49
ok so spybot removed those entries right on the startupscan even if it didn't found those 4 entries? if so then i don't have to worry.

spybotsandra
2011-05-09, 15:59
Hello,

Yes. If those entries would have been found again it would have meant that they weren't removed. But they are removed now. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

nodata12
2011-05-09, 16:02
ok thx for your help sandra.

spybotsandra
2011-05-09, 16:10
You're welcome. :)